The Caspian single shaft combined cycle power plant project, with a capacity of 460 MW and efficiency of nearly 60%, began in July 2016 and the gas unit with a power of 310 MW connected to the national electricity grid on July 22, 2018 at 3:12 AM and according to the CPM, the steam sector will operated on the next year.
Some of the features of this power plant are:
– The presence of Iranian agents in the project (EPC subcontractor, Consultant and MC)
– Optimization of manpower at full operation of the power plant (60 persons for 460 MW)
– One third use of area compared to similar plants (less than 8 hectares for 460 MW)
– Reducing gas consumption for power generation compared to similar plants (100 Million Cubic Meters per year)
– Significant reduction in water consumption in the steam plant (about 30% of similar plants)
– Observe environmental issues without cutting trees in the construction of gas and electricity transmission equipment
According to the planning, the plant should enter the circuit later this year, which will enter the circuit this summer, due to the network needs and the Ministry of Energy’s request with additional costs from the owner of the power plant.